Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Man Up for Orphans

It is well documented that the inaugural Man Up for Orphans mission trip to Uganda and Ethiopia was bigger and more important that any of us ever imagined.  The children, widows, mothers, men, and missionaries taught me so much about what is important in life, how to properly love those around me, how to better love and honor God, and how to be a better man.

I was so moved by the experience that I am leading (along with my good friend Jason Clement) a team back to Uganda and Ethiopia.  We will be visiting many of the same ministries that we visited last summer, while also serving in a number of new areas in an effort to spread the Gospel, LOVE BIG on orphans, and disciple the men of Africa.

Man Up And Go PROMO from Man Up And Go THE MOVIE on Vimeo.


If you are wondering what kinds of things we will be doing, take a look at some of my posts from last August and you will get a great feel for how this trip changes the lives of those who we serve, as well as those who serve.

I have told people for years about how great of a blessing adoption has been for our family.  Many people look at our beautiful adopted children and comment "They are so blessed that you took them out of the situation they were born into."  My response is always, "That's true, but they bless us much more than we have blessed them."  That is how I feel about serving in Africa with Man Up.  I know we are doing great work for those we serve, but I know I am much more blessed by them than they are by me.



We still have spots open on our team.  If you are a man (or woman) who is opening to trying the adventure of a lifetime, serving the Kingdom, loving kids, and becoming a 127 Warrior (based on James 1:27) you need to join us!!  Please visit the One Child Campaign website for more information on the trip and to apply.  This is one of 3 Man Up trips scheduled for 2012.  If this trip doesn't meet your liking, leave a comment and I can get you more information on the other trips.

It is easy to make excuses not to go.  Trust me, we all have those thoughts.  It's always going to be too much money, at a bad time of year, you can't leave for family for that long, you don't have enough vacation time, etc.  I can tell you without a doubt, that if you decide to make this leap of faith, God will provide, and you will never regret taking the chance to do something bigger than you are.

At the end of the day, it's hard to ignore the word of God..."Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world."

Join Man Up today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment