Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Celebrating the Sabbath

What an amazing day in Uganda!  We spent the entire day serving and being served by Pastor Isaac and his staff here at Canaan's Children's Home.  After another great breakfast, we headed to Sunday school.  We split the team up into 3 groups to teach Sunday school to 3 different age groups.  The team did an amazing job teaching and sharing the word with the kids of Canaan's.  I selfishly snuck out of the back of my classroom (as the team leader can do), to be served by attending Pastor Isaac's Sunday school class to the adults of his congregation.  He taught out of Ephesians Chapter 6.  Interesting that I was reading the exact same message on the plane ride to Africa.  I guess God wanted me to make sure I understood that I need to continue to "Put on the full armor of God" to protect against Satan's attacks.

Then we moved into the worship portion of Sunday service.  Man do these people know how to worship!!  Ninety minutes worth of singing, dancing, clapping, praise and worship.  Truly a sight to behold.  Finally, after 2 and a half hours of church, the actual sermon began.  It was great also and our team was so blessed to be able to share this moment with Isaac and his congregation (ended up at 3 hours and 45 minutes worth of church - a record for me).

Our afternoon was spent touring the primary school, seeing the foundation for the new church and new preschool, and then fellowshipping with the kids.  Papa Isaac also shared his amazing testimony.  If you aren't familiar with him, please check out his testimony here.  You will be moved.

After dinner, the real work began.  Isaac, Roger, Jeff, Eric and myself began a great discussion about life, Man Up, servanthood, and future plans for both Canaan's and Man Up.  These nights are nothing short of amazing.  Being in the midst of iron sharpening iron is what makes our trips so special.

My love for Isaac and the kids here continues to grow.  He has a desire to raise young men of God, as we do.  We share the same vision of going deeper into men's lives and truly investing in them.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to work and serve alongside such amazing people.

As great as this day was, I am so excited for tomorrow.  I get to see my amazing friend, Pastor Andrew, and see our school for the first time in person.  I'm already getting emotional thinking about it.  I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment