Thursday, December 13, 2012

The end of the journey, the beginning of forever.

We left on Saturday morning and arrive in Ethiopia in the wee hours of Monday morning.  We were so excited to meet up with our dear friends, Anka and Andrew Weber.  We met them last December on our court trip and have fought this battle along side them every step.  They are such amazing friends and I cannot imagine going through this without them.  We woke up Monday morning to head to the orphanage.  The kids had moved to a new facility about one month ago and so we hadn't been to the new location.
As we pull up, you can hear the voices and cries of little ones.  My heart melts.  I am just a few minutes from holding my son and starting our lives as family, the way God intended.



First out comes Kibrom, a handsome 5 year old boy that will soon join his family in Wyoming.  He embraces his mom with a full clenched hug and a deep breath.  So great to see!  Then out comes, Tariku, Andrew and Anka's 2 1/2 year old boy.  He lights up when the nanny hands him to his emaya, his mommy!  It was as if he had been waiting just as long as all of us.  An instant connection that I will never forget seeing.
Lastly, the nanny says "Tegegn Abare"  Yes, yes, that's us!  Hurry! Please!  And there he is.  My little angel, my little son.  He is beautiful, perfect curls, big brown eyes and a huge smile.  The kind of smile that takes up his whole face, exposing his six little teeth. A contagious smile! She hands him to me and I melt, literally, I am flooded with love and relief.  He is perfect and he is ours forever! 



No comments:

Post a Comment